O Christmas Tree

Monday, Mr. Welder wired the stereo to provide some Christmas tunes. (Boohoo, no record player this year.) I tell you, this guy is loco for Christmas music.
A nice bowl of leftover chicken noodle soup. I thought I should document my first noodle making experience. I wish I had a way to show how much Mr. Welder ate. He loves this stuff.
The kids patiently waited...
After a little trimming,
And a visit from the cutest reindeer,
Decked out in sleigh bells,
Mr. Welder brought in the tree!
My plan worked...
Lights were strung, the star was placed on top.
And then it was time to deck out the tree vintage style.
Mrs. Welder putting the boxes away.
Our Vintage Christmas tree was made possible mostly from my Granny's old ornaments and tinsel, mom's star, icicles and more ornaments that were my aunt Kathy's, and a few more ornaments and burlap for the tree skirt from Caritas. Making memories with memorabilia from Christmases past.
To end the evening, we used Granny's old ribbon to decorate the gifts. Granny's cleaning out, did us a lot of good :)
And the perfect sized mantles decked out with stockings (by the Mrs.) and stocking holders (by the Mr.) that were designed and handmade their first Christmas four years ago...not vintage yet.

Comments

Popular Posts