Short & Strawberry Sweet

The greenhouse.  It looks so lovely nestled in all the trees. 
I started sunflower seeds in the greenhouse and planted them along the front probably back in late March or early April.  I knew then that it probably wasn't the idea location for sunflowers, but a big caterpillar came along and ate all the leaves before I could really tell.  I'll eventually plant something else, just not sure what.
Mr. Welder squished that caterpillar.
I planted the rest of the sunflowers by the water tank and a few others in the front flower bed.  The front flowerbed's sunflowers are huge.  Right now they are just the stem and bud, no flower.  They actually look like really tall weeds in a random spot but they are happy and promised me they will bloom spectacularly so will stay.
Do you see what I see?
We had our morning coffee and tea on the balcony one morning.  Herman joined us.  He napped in that spot for hours.
We had a few, maybe 3 strawberries.  They were small but really sweet and tasty.  We started with three plants.  Two did not make it through the dry spell that just ended.  They also are planted in a random spot so do not get watered as regularly as they probably need.
Our garden looked really sad a few days ago but then we were blessed with a rain just in time.  Feeding Lily (by feeding myself-I do not know much about parenting but I am not planning to give her a greenbean as a newborn-ha) garden fresh veggies is looking promising again!  Are you chowing down on fresh produce these days?

Comments

Popular Posts