Bargain Door!

We got a great deal on this Atrium door at Home Depot...thanks to another friend. I think I would still classify it as a splurge item, but for the exterior doors we wanted to do energy efficient since we plan to spray foam insulate the house, which is not cheap either. If we spend the money on that and then put in inefficient doors, seems like that would defeat the purpose. The door was a special order that did not get picked up, so we did get it for way less. I know what you're thinking...it's red. At first, I was adamant about painting it. Now I have agreed that we will install it and then decide. The reddish part is iron clad and the inside is wood and really pretty. The little side windows have screens and can open to let in a breeze. We plan to put this door downstairs by the back porch and breakfast nook Dad and Jason measure so we can put the purlin in that wall.
We will store in my parent's garage so we wrapped it in plastic.

Comments

Popular Posts