Wedding Hearts, a Veggie Cart, and Some Art...

The first half of the Welders' Memorial Day weekend was full of wedding events for this lovely bride and handsome groom.  Mr. Welder's little sister tied the knot.  Congrats and best wishes to the newly weds.
After the festivities came to an end, it was time to harvest the onions and potatoes.
And about half of the corn.  Some ears were not quite as big, so we left them to see if they would grow anymore.
Here's the results.
The extra day off from work gave the guys time to work on the shop.
And the gals cleaned out this...
Here is a closer look at the sign.  This old, boat shed is where the most popular place to shop art room used to be when I was younger and even goofier than I am now.  Yes, I really had hopes that people would hear about this best kept secret and make their way through the forest to buy handmade goods...or according to notes in an old book take an art class...my classes were strict with rules but quite a bargain for the price of 50 cents if you took your creation home with you and free if you helped me make things to sell.  Seesh, even before the economy was bad, people still had to find creative ways to make their businesses survive.
Mom and I loaded up the car and then it was time to sort and organize all the supplies.
We decided that clear jars were ideal so the contents were visible.  In Art Room #1, to keep the materials from getting really dirty and nasty in the old shed, we stored everything in opaque Nestle Quick containers.  They did a great job of keeping things clean, but it was always a chore to find whatever it was you were looking for.  In case you're wondering how I ended up with the interesting assortment, the majority of the jars came from my mom's friend's mom. 
Hanging buckets from Ikea waiting to be filled.
Beside that we hung this old cabinet.  My mom thinks it originally came from the A-frame but we know it was also used in our childhood tree house, where many school lessons were taught until it was later renovated for our (I had two partners in these endeavors-my younger sister and cousin who lived next door.) other business venture, a restaurant called The Velvet Garter.
This came from Art Room #1 adorned with completed orders.  Going through old stuff is one of my favorite forms of entertainment.  This piece is proof of my many years of experience being a serious businesswoman-ha.  I came across some gift certificates too, in case you're interested.  Sorry, but the coupons were expired.
This is a full view. 
 The canisters were my Granny's.  She kept coffee, sugar, noodles, and rice in them.
I love storage and organizing so this room makes me more excited than is probably normal.
I definitely get that from my mom who was a huge help in getting this all nice and neat.  Thanks, mom. (And thanks again Mr. Welder for building the perfect storage, finding me the coolest desk, and hanging the cabinet and buckets...)
And mom, sorry I was such a strange kid.  I'm sure I put you in many awkward situations trying to sell things to your friends, relatives, and co-workers all the time.  At least I did not ask them to patronize my restaurant...or did I?  The egg salad sandwich was the most popular item on the menu and did look quite tasty. 

Comments

  1. This is so cute and funny. Okay, I totally "get you" in these young endeavors...and you can actually say you are living the dream with your shop at Spice and being quite the business partner with your hubby...and somehow I feel there is more in store for you in this exploring your creative/business side too. I do have a little dream of mine own of a small town cafe/tea house/bakery and I am part way there: I live in the small town (Clifton). And my dear hubby is so sweet that whenever I happen upon a new recipe or create something of my own he says, "Save that recipe for the cafe." Oh,my and your garden produce is beautiful...way to go Gardners!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts