With a shop and two year old taking up most of my days, I haven't put much effort into sprucing our home lately. It was time for a project so I called my helper and we got to work.
I waited until naptime since painting and my helper do not quite mix.
I scored this huge frame at a garage sale for $1!
I used some leftover paint from Lily's bathroom vanity so this was a project on a budget.
I remembered seeing something on Pinterest with photos on wood so decided to look around a little and go with that.
I used Picmonkey to make the photos sepia and resize them. I printed them on off white card stock.
I cut boards from scraps that were in Mr. Welder's shop and spray painted the edges black.
The photos were attached to the boards with ModPodge.
(Definitely glad I used card stock to help with the wrinkling-wasn't bad but think regular paper would wrinkle too much.)
After they dried, I sanded the edges and applied a top coat of ModPodge.
Most of the tutorials I read had fancy hangers but I had nothing like that and needed to get it off my floor before my helper helped.
So I used little nails to tie a piece of twine around and hang.
Simple and not so perfect just like I like.
And we finally have some pics of my pride and joy decorating the walls now.