Child of God

 Here I am all dressed up in a gown that has been in my family for years and years.  I was about to become a member of God's family so I wanted to wear something extra special.
 Speaking of special, here I am in a hat that my Grammie wore on her Baptismal day.  She wore it with a matching sweater that you will notice later in the post.  It was a little hot for a sweater and my Grammie must have not wiggled as much as me to keep a hat like this on!  They are beautiful and were crocheted by my Great Grandmother.
 Here I am looking at a picture of my mommy on her Baptismal day.  I think we look alike.
 But I am probably a little cuter.
 I also put on my bracelet that my aunt and uncle gave me for the special day.
 After a hug from daddy,
 Mommy somehow managed to get me in my car seat with all that dress.
 We made it to church in no time.
 Here is the fount where it would all happen.
 The banners are extra special since my mommy and Grandma helped make them a few years ago.
 And this banner was special too since it had my name on it!
 My aunt and uncle are my Godparents.
 Here I am holding the sweater I mentioned.
Mommy and Daddy were so proud of how well behaved I was.
I love bath time and it kind of reminded me of the washing the hair part-but with extra special words that were said to make me a child of God.
 I am so excited to be a part of God's family.
 Speaking of family-my earthly family was all there for the special occasion.
My parents and their parents.
 My Great Grandmother-the one that crocheted the sweater and hat.
 My Daddy's side of the family
 And Mommy's side.
 Just a little proof that my daddy is the reason we can never just take one picture.  I'm even looking and I'm just a baby!
 But it's really ok.  I'm Daddy's little girl.
 After the service, we had a party to celebrate at our house.  I put on my tutu and played and played.
 Until it was time for a nap.
 When I woke up, my cousin helped pass over all my gifts.
 I could not believe how many nice things I got.
 It was all so overwhelming that I decided to take another nap.
 Then hang out with Grandpa.
 I ended the night by taking a cruise with my family.
 The next day, I got back to being my usual naked self and sat in my recliner and started reading some of the books I got.
Daddy was having a work meeting in the den so Mommy and I read to keep quiet and my mind off of my hiccups.
 Can you believe we read 55 pages?!?!
 I asked Mommy to double check to see if we really read that much...
 She said we really did.
 So of course that made me drowsy just thinking of it, so took a nap with Daddy who was also tired from his meeting.
He had to wake up for his next meeting with Mommy, but I decided to take another snooze.  I remember when I was in mommy's tummy and she took notes at meetings.  She took notes at this meeting too but it seems like the topic was a little different.  Something about etsy and furniture and other items.  My mommy's always trying to think of ways to make a little extra money so she feels like she can stay home and play with me longer :)

Comments

  1. such a beautiful child and family. may god bless you with all good and happiness.
    Welding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Lily!! Kylie keeps saying how tiny she is! The babtismal gown, sweater and hat are so sweet. She does look like her Mommy - and her Daddy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts