Dear Lily

 Dear Lily,
I had such a fun weekend with you.
  (Yes, I am behind in writing you my little note since it's already Friday again.)
  I loved your and Daddy's idea of hitting some garage sales on Friday morning.
  While eating breakfast and thinking of  you peacefully sleeping in the bassinet, I thought and hated to wake you up.  When I walked in the room my feelings quickly disappeared when I saw your bright eyes. I knew you were excited and ready to go.
 You (and Daddy hauling around the heavy car seat) were perfect garage sale partners.
 We found a truck load of goodies and you took a nap after all your treasure hunting.
 Saturday morning, you and Daddy (and Daisy and Herman) woke me up to have coffee and watch the beautiful rain.
 We looked and listened to the pitter patter.
 A 3.5 inch rain replenished the yard, flower beds, and Daisy's hole.
 And the cool air felt so refreshing and was a nice relief from the heat.
 It was so relaxing that we decided to hang out and write in your journal before carrying on with the rest of the day.
 After working and cleaning up some of our garage sale finds, it was time to get ready for the next event.
 All ready to go in your handmade outfit from your aunt. 
 This time we tried the bow on your head instead of shirt where you tried to eat it.
 But you had other plans and thought it made a nice necklace.
 We made our way down the street to a fish fry.  While Daddy cooked, Grandma and I pushed you around in the stroller.
It started to drizzle again so we made our way inside for a tasty meal. 
 Sunday morning before church, we chilled in our recliners and talked about our plans for the rest of the day.
 We had a nice visit with Grammie
 and Grandpa.
 And ended the weekend with playtime with your cousin, a musical bug, tire,
And snack.
Thank you for the perfect weekend, Lily (and Daddy).
I love being your Mommy (and wife).

Comments

Popular Posts