Days Go By

We had a family outing to have lunch and stroll around Homestead Heritage.  I had the Falafel, which was delicious even though it featured chickpeas...not chicken pieces-ha-like Mr. Welder thought the menu said.
Another week has come and gone.
I can't believe how fast time flies.
First time to sit in a cart-Home Depot, of course.
You're growing and learning so much every day.
You were grumpy so we put you down for a nap while we finished dinner.  This is what daddy found when he came to check on you.
You definitely keep life interesting.
He called you destructive.
You make me laugh.
I knew that was my gal, hungry, trying to eat the bumper pads.
And make even the every day moments special.
I love having you as my tiny helper.
Always curious.

Always precious.
Always looking for something to get into.
You still fight those dreadful naps on most days.
No matter how many times I hear you cry-I still hate it-and it will always break my heart.
Daisy taught you how to sleep prissy.
But if a restful nap follows, it makes it easier to swallow and makes me feel less cruel.
But she did not let me get a pic of her cuddled on the hay.
Your naps are usually short but when they aren't,
I miss you and keep wondering when you will wake up anyways.
Yesterday I gave you a taste of one of my favorite vegetables, green beans.
I think today you are starting to acquire a taste for them.
And green drool never looked better on anyone.

You always love it outside.
The temperatures dramatically changed yesterday, so we'll have to bundle up when we go outside after you wake up from your nap.
After you eat, of course.
I don't care what the books say.
Another night while we finished dinner, daddy put you on your carpet to play.  When he came to check on you, he gasped and could not find you because you were hiding under the bed.
I have completed some highly scientific research,

You've always liked Cookie Monster but have just now started to like hanging out in your swing.
And sometimes you are just hungry even before the 2-2.5 hour mark-when your usual mark is 3-3.5 (except during the night when you usually sleep at least 9!)-and nothing can change that or get your mind off of it.
That really does not shock me.
Your parents are two hungry hippos too.
 And your strict exercise regime is bound to keep you from becoming obese.
 We celebrated your cousin's fourth birthday this weekend.
 I can't believe how fast your cousins are growing.
 And how determined you are to keep up.
 If only I could keep you little.
 But it's also so fun to watch you grow.
 One day you'll be big enough to play in the jump house
 with your friends.
 And you might actually smile or take a nap during church :)
 But I really just like the way things are now and try to cherish every moment.
I love you, Lily.
And even though by the time you are old enough to read this, you won't remember when I made you cry yourself to sleep, just know that my heart was crying in the next room while chopping vegetables or editing pictures to keep my mind off of it.
And that you woke up happy and we had fun after that.
Miss you right now, sleeping beauty.

Comments

Popular Posts