12-12-12

December 12, 2012
How will I remember that day?
The fancy 12-12-12 combination held to its mighty expectations.
What?
You did not know it was a special day?
Well, mine was.
I will remember how Lily helped me get ready by constantly tapping my touch makeup light.
Dim, Brighter, Brightest, Off
Repeat.
I will remember how we had a nice lunch at On the Border.
Daddy remembered to not park near the loud music playing speaker, just in case Lily was snoozing but she wasn't.
She was such a sweet happy gal.
I will remember how feeding time was near and I went to the car to feed Lily while Daddy paid the bill.  Coupon plus gift card equals my kind of bill.
As always, he instructed to lock ourselves in.
We did.
He comes out with the car seat and I unlock the car from inside and the alarm goes wild.
Heck we did not even know we had an alarm, much less how to turn it off.
So here I am with my milk jug (yes, I just called it that) out, the car is going wild, and Lily is just looking around wondering what is happening.
Good times.
 I will remember how even though, the little miss had a great nap in the warm car while Daddy got a few parts at a couple places and Mommy made a trip into the thrift store, she did not disappoint with her usual mood for a visit to mommy's shop, Bee Angels.
Of course, Daddy made it all better and mommy cleaned up a messy shop thankful for all the sales the Christmas season has been bringing.
I will remember how my heart melted every time I turned the corner at the grocery store and saw Mr. Welder holding a happy Lily. 
I will always remember how much Baby Lily loved her daddy.
All I can say is Daddy's Girl!!! 
 I will remember how we drove around looking for one of those scrolling word neon signs that said 12-12-12 to take a picture by. 
I had it planned.
We were going to wait for the moment that the 12-12-12 flashed on the screen, daddy was going to hold Lily up in the blue sky, and snap...it was going to be a cool pic.
But we never found one, so I printed this cool mini calendar when we got home.
That's almost as good, right?
 I will remember how Lily ate a whole container of pears and then even some squash!
Good thing we stocked up at the store!
 I will remember how Lily loved her Jumparoo and how she and daddy screamed and squealed back and forth at each other.
 I will remember how I thought Lily was asleep but woke to help me with this post. 
I will remember how she kept swiping the laptop mouse, which I really need to figure out how to turn off since we have a regular mouse too.
Oh, and since we are still remembering, how she tried to eat the edge of the desk too.
Well, I think she's telling me it's time to make more memories :)
The night is still young and we still have a few hours until this day is over.
12-12-12
A beautiful day with my family.


Comments

Popular Posts