Lily's First Christmas

Blogger is acting weird so these aren't in the order I planned but I am not sure the order matters.
Lily's first Christmas was wonderful.
We celebrated here, there, and everywhere.
Of course, there were enough pictures taken to crash a computer, so I decided to put together collages of a few of my favorites.
It's already been a couple weeks, but I will attempt to jot down a few things I want to remember.
We found out Lily will have a brand new cousin around the time she turns one.
The addition of Lily was unique:
Grammy and Grandpa had three sons and a daughter.
Now they have three grandsons and a granddaughter.
Lily impressed us all by wearing her hairbow all day.  This had never happened before and hasn't happened since.
Next year, Lily may ask for a rifle to play along with her cousins.
Lily fell asleep and took a nap right before and during Christmas lunch so mommy was able to pig out.
She wore her special baptism bracelet from Aunt Heather and Uncle Johnnie.
Speaking of those guys...while telling Lily the giver of her gift, I mixed that up and said Uncle Heather and Aunt Johnnie and did not notice until it was pointed out but I have been calling my sister Uncle Heather ever since.
Lily decided to not cooperate for the generation photo.
But she did have fun hanging out with Pete (and her new book), playing with all of her new toys, chewing on a cup, and taking a nap on Daddy (after one of her famous crying fits.)
Santa brought Lily a life jacket.
I am thinking Mr. Welder wrote that letter to Mr. Claus.
After her fitting, I was leery that we'd ever have a successful boat trip, but can report that wasn't the case and yes, I'll share those pics soon too.
Lily was pooped and slept in the day after Christmas before playing with all of her new toys.
We received a few very special gifts.
Lily was a good baby for the Christmas Eve service.
We changed our tradition of opening gifts at mom's from after church to before.
We thought (and hoped) doing it earlier would result in a happier baby.
It worked for the most part.
Grandma received an interestingly wrapped gift.  Who would have thought something so nice would be inside an old Whataburger cup?
Both of Lily's Grandmas were proud of their photo calendars and the snowmen footprint ornaments were also loved.
Grandma finished sewing Lily's stocking just in time.
I think she approved.
The weather was cold and even a bit rainy on Christmas day.
Santa brought me a charm bracelet (along with several other things) that had special charms about family and having a baby girl.
John Robert ate about 20 kisses before we had to hide the bowl.
It took us several attempts to get the timer to work, the flash to go off, and my belly to not show to get a family photo in front of the tree.
At least Mr. Welder provided the entertainment.
And we ended up with one I really liked.
Cousin Brenner's Christmas play was sweet.
Grandma and Grandpa gave Lily her first baby doll.
The ripping of the paper actually scared Lily it seemed.
So Uncle Heather tore them open on the floor.
We also all had stockings on the mantle at Grammy's and I am sad I did not think to snap a picture.
We had our big family Christmas at Uncle Freddie's.
Lily took a good nap and tricked me since she was not a very happy baby most of the night.
Grandma took her to her house next door to let her rest so she could help Daddy win dominoes.
Grandma bought Lily her Christmas Eve outfit for church.
She also bought mine as usual.
Yes, I am spoiled.
After the Christmas Eve service we had snacks and played games at mom's.
Lily took a bath in the sink but was not thrilled about it.
She liked the unwrapping better on Christmas morning when we opened gifts at home.
At our house, Lily had a stocking that Grandma made for Bee Angels.
See you should shop there.  We do :)
As I wrap up this Christmas post, I am sleepy and know I forgot something, but think I will be glad I at least will have these little tidbits to look back at one day...one day with Lily.
She is growing so fast and has already changed so much in the couple weeks since Christmas.

Comments

Popular Posts