Not So Funky Friday

It's Friday.
  I should be finishing cleaning the house for our visitors that are coming in the morning to look at a floor plan Mr. Welder drafted for them.  As most projects these days, it takes multiple attempts to get something crossed off the list.  I was in a funk and letting that get to me earlier this week.
Have you ever been in one of those funks?
Where you wake up every day and say you are going to enjoy the day whatever it brings?
And then before you even brush your teeth (even if that is finally happening right before you eat lunch-but we are not dwelling on things like that, right!!), you are already back in your funk.
Well I am proud to say I am out of it.
And I give the credit to the man that lots of times does not get the credit he deserves.
He knew I was in a funk.
So we talked and I can't even remember what was said or what made me feel better now.
But I do.
I usually get kind of funky right after the holidays.
The weather is usually cold, which is not my favorite.
It's time to take down all the decorations, which is sad that it's all over but is often refreshing.
It feels good to get everything put away and clean again.
Life is back to normal.
Lily is fun.
She is jabbering so much and is playing more and more every day.
Christmas is put away at Bee Angels and the shelves are clean and ready for orders due to arrive next week.
In mid December we took a drive to the lake to watch the sunset and a ton of deer, with warm cappuccinos.
The weather is nice out and we plan to grill outside tonight before it gets cold again.
I love how Lily loves it outside.
And I love my new outlook.
The house all of a sudden became clean enough (I'll put the vacuum cleaner in the closet later) and this post is finished.
I have a stroller, an eager baby, and a nice day waiting for me.
We hope you have a beautiful weekend.
A day out of shopping-just us girls
(New Year's Eve photos)

Comments

Popular Posts