Wired

Saturday was a day of more wires.
Uncle Pedro came and lent some of his electrical expertise. The wires were installed for phone, TV, and computer stuff.Lots and lots of wire was pulled.Dad worked on the electrical elements for my office.
After dad said he would frame the wall in the office (overlooking the stairs) for my old window, I wasted no time and cleaned it up.
Mom and I also worked on adding the hardware to the laundry cabinet. Though the new hinges looked identical to the old ones, we had a little difficulty using the original holes and making the doors shut correctly... but we did our best...and then let Jason finish.
Not sure what I am doing here...just kind of a cool pic with Daisy and I downstairs and dad and Jason up.
I don't think you can tell on any of the pictures, but the kick board on the laundry cabinet was cracked. Mom and I were determined to replace it. We measured every board laying around trying to find one that was long enough and the right width. We found a scrap of tongue and groove that needed the tongue (I think) cut off and then a little taken off the length. Jason noticed me near the saw and thought he needed to assist...does he not recall how I used this same saw to cut nearly every stud board of our house?!?!?
So after it was the correct length, mom used this little hand saw knife thing (that's what the package said) to cut off the tongue...then we went to test it and darn it was still a little too wide. I thought I would just sand it down but Jason heard this and informed me that would take forever...so before leaving that day, dad used the scroll saw to take off a little more...at least we tried!
Then it was time to...um not sure what we were actually doing here. All I know is we had three black wires that we soaped up and pushed up through the electrical box in the garage. Pedro was waiting (or maybe he was doing other things during this time?) at the other electrical box in the house where it eventually came out.
It made it!
Wires for my office...
I will have three lights in my office. One on this wall-you can see the box to the left of dad. My mom has an old swag light that my aunt and uncle gave her and dad for their anniversary or wedding...hum, need to clarify that. Then I will probably hang a chandelier Jason's grandma gave us in front of the window above where my desk will be. And the third will be in the little cubby where I hope to have bookshelves. I still need to shop for this one.
Sunday we did a few piddly projects...all those wires the day before put me in an electrician state of mind so I decide to reconfigure the wiring in this chandelier from my homey, Stacey...it was entirely too windy to spray paint so after I finally got it all back together (I hope...will have to get dad to look it over to make sure I did not totally mess it up...) I had to put the remainder of the makeover on hold for a calmer day. I am excited to see how it turns out. I bet Stacey will not even recognize it. I have plans to use it in our closet.
Jason did a little work on the front door.Mom and dad worked on the frame for the window in my office.
I love it!
Some piddly work on our master bedroom door...
And then Jason attached the finally fitting piece of cedar on the laundry cabinet.
And here it is as of now. I planned to paint the cedar board green to match, but the piece of wood was so pretty so left it for now. Since the laundry room is on the narrow side, I doubt you will see it one way or the other... Hopefully soon we will install the white marble sink top. The new sink is directly in the middle of the cabinet unlike the original. I am hoping we can save the top drawer-it's gonna be close!

Comments

  1. Angel,
    You crack me up! Your projects are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MaryAnn! Thanks for the comment-good to hear from you and glad you are still squeezing in Weld House visits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts