I Miss You...

My heart has been aching to be blogging.  This little old blog does something for me that nothing else does, but it has just been pushed way back on the back burner.  But here I am for some blogging therapy and to let you know what has taken over our lives recently.  Since I can't remember if I already told you, we opened up our little etsy shop.  So most of our free time has been spent buying things to fix up, fixing them up, taking pictures of them, writing descriptions about them, measuring them, and researching shipping.  Yes, that is a lot of work to sell one little thing, but once we get it down, I have hopes it will be an efficient operation.
A few weeks ago, I took the day off and we had a furniture marathon.
We snapped a few before pictures,
Cleaned,
Sanded,
Added shelving,
Added trim,
And primed,
Until our yard looked like this...
A few days later, Mr. Welder painted everything.  And a few days after that, I distressed the pieces.
After all the work, it was time to haul furniture around the yard, drag out props, and snap away.
(There were actually snow flurries the day I took this picture.)
(Our very first etsy sale was the tea set you can see on the top shelf.)
This gal was our first etsy furniture sale!
She is on her way to California as we speak.
Please say a prayer for her safe arrival.


So far it's been fun, it's been exciting...and shipping is a tad nerve wracking so I delegated that department to Mr. Welder.  We're still learning, but isn't that what keeps life interesting?
Well I must be off.  I have a folder of photos that are edited and ready to be posted to the shop.  My tape measure and scale are ready. 
Come visit us.

Comments

  1. Oh, my goodness what awesome, talented, industrious fun you two/three welders are having. I love the small desk. Blessings to y'all in all your new enterprises.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts