FALLing in Love...

 It feels like spring again, but we enjoyed the fall weather this weekend.
 We do not have a schedule or even a daily routine.  We DID have a routine for the mornings-After Lily ate, she played in her bed until falling asleep for a morning nap...
 Which allowed her mommy to do some cooking of this Pumpkin Oatmeal she found on Pinterest.
The first attempt is pictured above.
I picked off the burnt pecans.
I should have watched the 3 minute broil process instead of feeding Daisy.
I ate it.
I realized I left out the key ingredient.
I am old school and do not have a phone with the internet so went back and forth from the bowl to the computer.
I drizzled syrup on top and had a hearty, filling (but not the best tasting) breakfast.
It must have been karma from my comment about my cousin on the last post.
 Since Lily decided to keep the same routine the next morning (and I had just enough pumpkin left over), I attempted it again.
I realized I actually left out three ingredients.  (How does that happen?!)
This time I mixed in pecans just in case I burnt them again since (non-burnt) pecans make anything taste better-and only broiled for 2 minutes.
With all the ingredients, it made two instead of one mini loaf.
And I ate them both and they were delicious.
Maybe I'll make them again if I remember to get more pumpkin.
 Since we knew fall weather was on the way, we played dress up in one of our spring outfits.
 Lily's Grammie handmade this cute dress.
 Before going out to dinner on Friday night, we chilled on the front porch and watched Lily do her new rolling over trick.
She does not do it all of the time yet but maybe once or every other day.
 "Mommy, are you going to help me?"
 "Can't you see I'm stuck here?"
 The cool weather arrived Friday night and Saturday we had coffee several times, but the cup with these two was my favorite.
 Sunday would mark a special day, the day Mr. Welder and I said our vows six years ago.
 Lily dressed up in her jeans,
 And hung out with Daddy on the couch.
 She felt all grown up watching a movie and getting sprinkled by all the popcorn Daddy dropped...that mommy still has not vacuumed.
 We bundled up and went out to enjoy the cool temps.
 Mom and dad brought us an anniversary dinner.
 While it smoked, we sat by the heater in the shop while Lily tried to figure out where her hands went.
 A Red Stripe toast in honor of our Jamaican honeymoon.
 A few pics of Mr. Welder's favorites for his anniversary card.
 Herman was MIA.
I looked everywhere for him.
In the garage, shop, greenhouse, on the front porch, up in trees.
Then when I was putting something away in the front bedroom closet,
 This is where I found him hiding.
Mr. Welder must have let him in for a visit that morning...and this was late afternoon.
 Sunday we attended church as usual.
Mr. Welder said Lily had a celebration on her head.
And this shirt is missing.
I did laundry yesterday and remember putting it in the washer but cannot find it anywhere.
It is making me feel crazy and it has to show up somewhere.
 Our fall/anniversary weekend ended with our cherished family time.
 New PJs that did not quite fit.
 After losing them a few times,
To the seamstress they went for adjustments.  Who needs pants to go grocery shopping anyways?

Comments

  1. to quote Duck Dynasty (so funny, have you seen it?) Hope your anniversary was "Happy,Happy,Happy"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts