Joining the 21st Century

First, a quick story to tell on myself.
Several weeks ago we had our neighbor over for dinner.
Classy as I am, I had the vacuum cleaner out sitting in the den.
She noticed it.
She said, "Well, I finally joined the 21st century and got a new Dyson (or whatever brand) vacuum cleaner."
I seriously asked her, "What's the 21st Century?"
As if it were some club I should consider joining so I also could keep up with the latest on vacuum cleaners.
Wow.
She did not know what to say and when I saw the look on her face, it dawned on me what she was saying.
This was all before the glass of wine I would have...
Moving on.
So my mom and dad recently joined the 21st century as well.
The club also knows a thing or two about televisions.
Pictured above is the "before" setup-complete with lovely senior portraits of my sister and me.
Television sets used to be a piece of furniture.
All in one.
(Notice the small mark on the bottom left?  That is a war wound when this TV appeared on a movie set in the taping of the film Old Fogies.  I starred as the moo moo wearing, Agnes, who accidentally scuffed the TV with her rocking chair during a fierce game of BINGO at the nursing home.  Good times."
When mom and dad bought their new TV, it did not come with a built in stand like their one previous.
That is when Mr. Welder was hired to build an entertainment center.
Strangely, I do not have any more "in the works" photos.
After it was constructed, we loaded it up and took it on over.
Doesn't it look great?
Frame to the right also built by Mr. Welder.
I know.
He is quite the handy man.
The side doors slide across-I should have taken a picture of it like that.
But it offers lots of storage.
The top is made of beautiful pecan wood.
Too bad the senior portraits no longer fit in the area.
So sad.
I did the fancy wood burning inside the drawer.
I know.
I'm such a show off.
And Grandma now has a place to keep her movies for Lily.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts