Lake Tradition

Last year around Mr. Welder's birthday we made a trip to the lake.
When he remembered this and the big fish he caught, he decided we would battle the heat and take the boat out again this year.  He always backs the boat down the ramp, then I take over and park the truck and trailer.
  I've gotten pretty good at taking pictures while driving making it in between the lines...and at not burning off when going up the hill.  I may have burned off big time in front of a fishing guide on one occasion.  But now I know the trick.  The trick is to drive with both feet.  One on the gas and one on the brake.  By giving the truck gas as you let off the brake, you avoid the roll back that startles you just enough for a burn off.  And you avoid the images in your head of sinking the truck and trailer...and wrecking into the boat.  Yes, I have a wild imagination.
Daisy really was way more thrilled than she looks to have the breeze blowing her floppy ears.
Mr. Welder headed to Lacy's Point first but did not have the same luck as last year.
I did not fish or take as many pictures as usual.  I read this instead. (not the whole thing, I do not read that fast)  Have you read this series?  It's funny and I recommend it.
This is also funny.  I took three-four pictures like this and Daisy has the same look on her face in all of them.
And this picture was next.  I'm not sure if she was sleeping sitting up, scared, or trying to keep her eyes from drying out in the prior photo.
I do know that she and I sure were grateful for our umbrella top that one of our friends gave us.  So nice!
It sure made the relaxing more relaxing.
And it brought Mr. Welder some luck.  Well, probably not, but I probably would have made us leave before he had a chance to catch anything had I been sitting in the sun.
And another.
Even though there was a lake full of water, Daisy was not going to share her water.
Nope, it was all for her.

Comments

Popular Posts