Praying for Some Rain in the Mix

Mr. Welder has been mixing things up at the Weld House.
The shop's framework has all been primed.
I can't remember what day this rainbow got my hopes up that it might rain.  I could even smell the rain.  Life has been a little hectic (since my last "hanging out in the pool" post)...as in so hectic my hubby went to work in a pair of dirty shorts this morning.  Yep, that makes you feel like Wife of the Year...  We have a date tonight to clean house and wash clothes...makes it sound a little more fun when you call it a date...or does it?  Instead of worrying over things like a heaped laundry basket, stacks of office work, or dishes in the sink overnight instead of use, then immediately wash, I've tried to just let things go a little.  It will be there the next day too.
I do have to draw the line when it comes to not putting the lighter fluid back in its cute little box though.
Isn't that the perfect lighter fluid holder?  Even cuter when used.
This last week, though hot and dry, did give some beautiful skies.
And who is that?
Herms.  Also known as Herman.
Pretty Boy.
Honey snapped this picture of me one night as I was in the art room working on a few things for Christmas for Bee Angels.  This is what comes to mind when I hear Christmas in July.  The time to get things together for Christmas or it won't happen in time.
Yes, my hair is wild.  I hardly ever fix it unless it's a special occasion.
Mr. Welder was admiring the art room, saying what a cool room it was, finally understanding why I was so adamant about having this room in our house.  I was working, working away when I reached back to get a glue stick from my supply.  "Look at you." He really does get impressed by the weirdest things.
Daisy hopped in the car one day last week too, so she got to come to work with me.
One of the perks of my job is that pets are welcome.
I had a quick errand to run during the lunch hour and I worried that it would break Daisy's heart to be left behind.  When I got back, this is what I saw when I peeked through the door.
It took me a while to figure out how to take a picture through the door...
See my muscles?
By the time I got things focused and stood there taking picture after picture...as cars drove by probably wondering why a weird lady was taking pictures of the door...Daisy gave up hope that I had returned and went back to napping.
On the drive home she propped her foot up
And took a rest.
 It's really faint, but can you see another rainbow?
Two rainbows in the same week, in the same direction...
 God we know you're up there.
The Welders are praying you'll send us some rain.
Until then, Herman's guarding the water bowl.

Comments

Popular Posts