Frightful Fish Fry

 Since we were hosting the frightful fish fry at our house, I used that as my excuse to put off cleaning for a few weeks.
 And to prove how slow I am, when Mr. Welder asked if he should call an exterminator because it seemed we had problems with spiders, I really thought he was going to pick up the phone.
 And these creepies witnessed the whole conversation.
 Outside the pantry, we set up a butcher shop.
 Rats visited the cupboard.
 A mini graveyard in the kitchen window
 Decorated dining area
 Choose your dish.
 This skeleton looks innocent but attacked me when I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
 Entertainment for the guests' bathroom breaks
 Witches casting spells in the woods
 Devils roaming the land
 Yes, this pretty much sums up our kids.
 It was about 3:30 when we had everything decorated and I realized we never took the fish out to thaw.  I doubted our guests would be distracted that much by the decor, so scurried around and used the hot water trick.  Yes, my brain is always this sharp.
 As always, Daisy was on her best behavior for the party.
 We threw this together very last minute, so there were less costumes than usual.  We kind of understood and only called those in normal clothes lame a few times.
 Really, we were just happy everyone could make it.
 When night time fell, the spookiness was just too much to bear.
 Part of the crowd watched scary movies, part played games, and some took a snooze.
 Overall, it was a crashing time.  Yes, the witch fell off the bottom step and got caught in the web.
Since we forgot to vote on the best costume, we crowned this pair before calling it a night.

Comments

Popular Posts