Shower Power

 The Weld House witnessed its second baby shower this weekend. 
 We planned our decorations along the nursery's decor, which is really cute by the way.  I saw pictures.  I know, you probably want to see them too.
 Well, I don't think the nursery will have its own stork...My Granny gave me this stork a little while ago.  She used to have this in her bedroom.  (I wonder what decorations my grandkids are going to think are strange one of these days...probably all of them.)  I think it looked cute for the shower but it lives in the storage closet now that it's over.  We thought about drilling a hole in its beak and letting it carry a baby...maybe next baby shower.
 My mom put together the dot streamers that we hung from the fan.
 And she also made the bunting and corsage like she did for the last shower.  I found the lime and black cloth at the thrift store right after I knew I was one of the shower hostesses.  It was meant to be.
 The sign-in table. 
 We won the lime bucket (with goodies inside) at a raffle at our family reunion.  We played the clothespin game, so it came in handy.
 I baked cupcakes again and we made the dot toppers.  I found different patterned stamps in the dollar section at Michael's along with colored stamp pads.  We glued the dots back to back around a toothpick.  Mom had the beaded cake stands from my cousin's baby shower.
 And here's the pretty mommy-to-be getting ready for the big day.
I won't lie-I was nervous about touching her belly, but it did turn out to be a cute picture, so I guess I'm glad I listened to the Sarge.  That's my friend on the left.  We called her Sarge in high school, and when the Sarge tells you to do something, you obey. Hehe.
Well, I believe it was another success and I'm happy the family is another step closer to being ready for their new arrival.
So after a wedding shower the following day, I think that wraps up showers for a while.
That means we're finished with the cupcakes and punch and can move towards the turkey and dressing.
My stomach growled just typing that sentence.

Comments

Popular Posts