Shrubs, Stumps, Sweaters and Squash

 Earlier this week, Mr. Welder and I made plans for more landscaping. 
 Look, at this stump deal that he brought home for me.
 So we had a plan and Mr. Welder tried to think of a way to include every tractor in that plan.  At the end of the night, things were looking dug up and not very pretty.  I commented that maybe we should not have started this project until after the baby shower we're having at our house this weekend.
 So when I came home to this a few days later, I was very happy.
 I love the rock border.
 We dug and got everything put in the ground in no time.  I did four plants while Mr. Welder handled the rest.
 Daisy supervised with approval.
 Until she noticed me crouching, which in her mind is the petting position.
 Mr. Welder was also in charge of leveling the dirt.
 I was happy with the results, and then remembered the stump.
 It made its journey to the front.
 And it was getting dark, but here is how it looked.
 With a freezing weather forecast, we wandered over to check the small vegetable garden.  We have some nice squash plants and it looks like watermelon, which must have sprouted from throwing our scraps out.
 The green bean plants have flowers.
 But these squash were what I really had my eye on.  It is amazing how much faster squash grow in the Spring than Fall.  They are almost big enough to pull but could use a little more time.
 So we got ready for the freeze and drug out the tarp and covered the plants and crossed our fingers.
Daisy got ready for the freeze too.  She is very cold nature and this is her first sweater that her Grandma found on clearance for her.  It's a tad snug.  Do any of you have large dogs that wear sweaters?  I think she would like one-she really did not mind this one-but I was worried it would cut off her circulation in the night. 
Daisy was worried I was going to put her on a diet :)

Comments

Popular Posts