Green Gate

Mr. Welder has been welding again.
I am not a fancy person by any means and usually like things simple and rough. 
BUT I did want a nice entry gate that did not require getting in and out of the car every time I came and went.
This one did a great job of keeping things a little more secure and was especially nice to have while we were building and not living on site.
But it was time to do some sprucing.
Mr. Welder formed and poured these mini slabs.
After welding the gate in his shop, he used the tractor to haul it to the end of the driveway.
And to lift it and get it in place.
Next he painted it.
I will tell on myself here.
I did not want a green gate.
When I saw green paint on Mr. Welder's hands...I can't remember where we were or why I saw his hands before I went home to see the gate, but I was mad because I knew our gate was green and I told him I did not want green and he did not listen.
When I saw it, it was not bad but I did not love it...
But when he added the cedar around the B.
I did love it.
And when the columns were rocked, I loved it even more.
And will now admit that Mr. Welder has good taste and good ideas-something I have admitted many times and truly believe, but maybe sometimes forget.
It looks great.
There I said it!
The next steps of the project came soon after Lily arrived.
I told Mr. Welder he would want this part finished when we had a little girl in the car and at home.
He got to work right away.
Took one small break to visit with his gals.
And ended up with this automatic gate opener.
It is solar powered, has a key pad, and remotes.
It's fancy.
And I love it.
But that's my limit on fancy for a while.
And Daisy says she can still fit :)
And she also says if you are in the market for a gate of your own, Mr. Welder can assist.
He's already received two customers requesting their very own custom gates.
I plan to post about them on our business blog Weld House Homes after they are complete.
Jason loves projects like this, so I am very happy for him and excited to see the final products.
(I also plan to post an update on the house he is finishing.  If you think I've been slacking on this blog-that one has been neglected even worse but I am really going to try to do better!)

Comments

  1. Hmmm. Yes we could possibly be in the market for a gate...but it would depend on the cost...hopefully one day. But the green is awesome! That is one of the nicest gates I have ever seen. I guess I will have to email you to ask the dets about getting a quote/estimate to see if it is something we could do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gate...but look at Daddy's smile for his gals - so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts