A Word from Daisy - Warning: If talking dogs aren't your thing, you may want to skip this post...

 Since Mama Welder has been slacking with posts lately, I decided to break the silence.  The other day I heard Daddy Welder tell Mama Welder that he wanted to do something fun that evening.  So when I saw them heading for the car, I discreetly hopped into my little spot, hoping I wouldn't hear, "Daisy, you can't go this time."  Even though I usually get some pretty good pets before they drive off.  I've gotten pretty good at showing my sad eyes.  But I got to go-Yippee!!!  So we drove a little piece before pulling over to the side of the road.  We crossed over, went through these tall weeds...I could smell water and Daddy had his fishing pole.  I could tell fun was about to occur.
 And he trotted right down to the water's edge.
 But I wasn't so sure about all those big rocks (what have I gotten myself into this time...) but I looked back up to mom and smiled so she'd think I was having fun.
 I wasn't really sure how I'd make it over the rough terrain...so I stalled and sniffed.
 And I stalled some more really worried about what I'd do.
 And then I went for it with my legs shaking uncontrollably...still smiling, still having fun.
 Here, I'm getting further...but I'm not too sure what to do next.  I stood there and smiled for the camera thanking God my feet weren't slipping.
 I wanted to go hang out with daddy so gradually made my way down.
 With frequent stops and posing.  I know mama likes good photos, and I like to think if I cooperate, I'll get to come back next time.
 I kept my eye on the prize.
 I shook and maneuvered.
 And finally made it to the water.  Hallelujah!
 I walked over to daddy like it wasn't a big deal...
 He didn't notice, so I got a little closer.
 Too close...he flung the moss from cleaning his hook on my back.  Seesh.
 And then he turned around and walked back up the hill!
 So I followed.
 I climbed back up the hill....and it was fun. (I know my mom reads this...)
 We hopped back in the car and drove some more.  When we stopped, we weren't home, but were at another part of the lake.
 This area was rocky too but not near as bad.  It was way easier to look like I was having fun.
Right away, daddy got a bite.  It was a big one but it got away.  I'm not really sure what that means exactly, but he says that a lot.
I did not fall in near as many holes as I did at the first place.
 To celebrate, I decided to get a drink and my feet wet.
 The sun was setting, dusk was settling in...
 I still smiled even though my feet were killing me.  I'm not sure how I did not break a nail!
When we got home, my brother Herman was already sitting on top of the car by the time mom opened the door to let me out.  He tried to act like he rode up there the whole time.  I knew better.  I jumped out and trotted around still smiling, having fun, trying to make him jealous.  He'll never know what he really missed...he never reads the blog ;)

Some people think my mom and dad need real kids.  I beg to differ.  I kind of like all the attention I get these days.  Who cares if people call my parents, "those crazy dog people."  They've got to be crazy about something, and it might as well be me.

Comments

Popular Posts