Sick of Being Sick

An old toy with a new purpose, a tent!  I was washing dishes when I looked over and saw her creation.
 Sickness has been looming around the Weld House this last week. 
 Fever, runny noses, coughing, and drool have been a part of our daily routine.  Lily was sick first, then I got it, and thankfully Mr. Welder has stayed well to take care of us.
This is Lily's first time to be sick so we are thankful that we have not had to deal with it for a good while.
She's been taking longer naps.
Probably since she feels icky or maybe she is a good nap taker now.
Ha, I won't count on it.
I'd rather have her well any day.
Despite her illness, she has still been growing and learning and making us laugh everyday.
Peaches and plums, roasted, pureed, and now waiting in the freezer for a hungry Lily.
 Lily's appetite has diminished greatly.  It seems to be coming back since last night.  That makes me happy.  I love to see her eat!
 She sounds so sad with her bad cough and little whimpers but nothing will stop her from trying to stand up.
 And she did it.
All by herself.
 So proud
 Hanging on tight to the edge.
 And on top of a cold, she's also getting her first tooth!
Chew toys, popsicles, and Orajel are on the menu!
So now we wonder how much of her symptoms have been from teething or from her cold.
Either way, it's been a tough time for the poor, little gal.
 But she's been strong and a good baby.
 We can't wait for her to feel better again!
Longer naps=Mrs. Welder getting more accomplished.
 (After all the extra washing, etc. that comes from boogie rags, night sweats, and gagging spit ups...the glamorous life I lead-ha)
  Yes, after this post, the blog is actually caught up to real time.  It's been a while since I could say that.  And I even posted something on Bee Angels blog too!  Next on the list is an update on Mr. Welder's house project on Weld House Homes.
But I miss my healthy baby greatly and can't wait to have her back to normal. Teething will be something we'll deal with for a while but hopefully this stinky cold will leave the building soon!
We hope you've missed all the sickness that's been floating around!
(Lily normally takes a nap on her carpet in her room.  She wakes up, plays a little, and then crawls to the living room to find me.  I hear here stirring now.  It really is the cutest thing ever.)
About to push "Publish" for the fourth time in a 24 hour period!

Comments

Popular Posts