Old and Slacking

Wednesday, the Welding Wife turned another year older. To celebrate, we took the day off from our real jobs. We had a fun day visiting the zoo, eating a lot, and shopping for house materials for this weekend...I know, we are addicted!Don't you all go to the zoo to look for inspiration for your houses?
These little meer cats were cute as a boot. They were very playful and liked to show off.
Jason was tempted to get his hoe, but then noticed the glass. Ugh~there was a wide selection of snakes and I think I've officially decided that Copperheads are not that bad. It could be WAY worse!
The elephant's booty...
And Jason's favorite attraction-the Black Bass. I was like really-we're at the zoo and you are most interested in looking at the bass. Ha.
For my birthday, mom and dad gave me the faucet for the shower that matches the water pump faucet we have for the sink in the kids' bathroom. Good thing the sheetrock did not happen since we will have to change out the "universal" connector deal that was already installed in the wall. Speaking of sheetrock, I know I mentioned it happening in the near future-as in, maybe this week. So if you haven't figured it out yet, plans change. Minimal action has gone on at the Weld House this week. We've had several brainstorming sessions (which is way harder than manual labor!), and the plan has grown, changed, and will still change-it's all part of the process. At the beginning of this post, I said we went shopping for house materials. Well, the trailer is still empty, but a new project has been added to our to-do list for the long Memorial Day weekend. Stay tuned to see what we have up our sleeves.
Later Gators! Have a safe, happy Memorial Day!

Comments

Popular Posts