Brief Gardening Report

Tuesday when we pulled in the driveway, Mr. Welder noticed lots more rows of green in the garden. The beans, peas, and extra row of corn we planted are all coming up. Considering we've had no rain, I'm happy with how things are moving along. We have watered it with a sprinkler a couple of times, but not too much. So those are green bean plants above-ignore the weeds. Mr. Welder is not a hard core chopper like his father-in-law. The potato plants I also noticed that the dill seed I planted in a pot is coming up. I was so surprised and proud for some reason. I'm thinking I've had bad luck with potted seeds in the past-particularly herbs.
Just to give you an update, I have been sneaking in work on the lockers here and there and am moving along at a slow, tedious pace...but the end is in sight. I have another project I am really excited to start working on, but my goal is to get the lockers ready for Mr. Welder so he can get started on the mud area soon. We still have a few plugs that look like this upstairs.
Mr. Welder worked on a few of them...though with wires still hanging out everywhere, they still do not look finished. I think these boxes are for a combination of TV, phone, and speakers. And if I remember correctly the lovely wires hanging out are for those speakers that we just had to have...but probably never will! Our TV and stereo can both be heard throughout the entire house as it is. I told Mr. Welder we may finally put them in use during our golden years. We can hook up lapel mics and talk over the speaker system instead of yelling at each other when we're old and hard of hearing :) Not as glamorous a picture as jamming at dance parties and watching surround sound movies on a big screen...boy, am I fun or what?!

Comments

Popular Posts