Crack Kills

So here's the damage. My perfectionist husband attempted to shim this side of the sink to even out the gap along the backsplash. An uneven bead of caulk sounds better after the fact ;)
Monday night, dad came over to assist, thank goodness I was relieved of helping move this heavy thing. The plumbing was unhooked.
The cracked sink was removed, and the new one was set into place.
Except it did not stay in place for long. This one was a tad different. The back of the cabinet was trimmed some more.
And the countertop needed a little grinding. Mr. Clean
After about three placements of the sink, which made me hold my breath every time, it fit perfectly...even better than the first one. The gap between the sink and backsplash was not only almost nonexistent but it was also even this time. The faucet was put back in place and caulk was added. Now the sink is lovely and complete. No more jacking with it :)

Comments

  1. Crack kills...so funny. The sink looks so good. I will let you know if we go to Round Top at all. Right now we are planning a family vacation and it is hard for me to imagine spending any money on Round top...but I might slip it in...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts