Sick

The Welders have been ill with Spring Fever. We've planted a decent vegetable garden (I've shared a little of this but we've added a few more things, which I hope I can show off when it's a little more than seeds in the ground and a few plants) and have decided to focus on the backyard for the most part this year. We have visions of what we would like to eventually have in the front and may start getting the rock borders and soil ready, but we probably won't do much planting in the near future. Creeping Thyme
We also broke up two more plants this size and scattered it around the rock path. We're not sure the area gets as much sunlight as this plant likes, but for $5, we decided to give it a try. It's only been a couple days but so far it still looks good. We like that it's known for the aroma it releases when stepped on...so I guess I don't have to scold Daisy and Herman when they walk on it, they're just helping freshen the air. Though this morning I noticed Daisy uses the rock steps. She's our little over achiever :)
(Puny) Cilantro and Parsley
I think the only things I haven't shown or mentioned are a native (so it should be easy and not require much water) bush we planted on the side of the house in front of the a/c units, a small lavender garden behind the veggie garden (seeds so I'll be really happy if they do anything), Morning Glory seeds along the fence behind the garden and an old tub we had of wildflower seeds. I'll keep you posted on the progress...I hope I have something to report! Though it's hard to quit...we've reached our spending limit for a while.
I do still have a few Aloe Vera plants I'd like to transplant-probably one in this empty bucket and we may come across more free clippings-like this Wandering Jew. Thanks mom. But no more trips to the green house because they are my weakness and I want one of everything and have to really practice self control.Another free favorite.
Grape Hyacinth from my mom's yard.
These bloom from bulbs so hopefully these cuties will visit us annually.
What does your garden grow?

Comments

Popular Posts