SINKing Feeling

Even after a trip to the grocery store and another stop, we still made it home before dark. That almost makes losing an hour of sleep worth it.
Here are the flowers I mentioned in my last post.
And one of the hanging baskets. They look kind of puny now, but I think they will get bushier.
The Gardenia bloomed too!
Wow, these smell sweet.
And here's the garage sink! If you knew the things Mr. Welder brings in the house to wash, you'd understand my excitement. This sink is extra special as it was my Great Grandparents'.
And a close up of the soap tray I mentioned last post. Mr. Welder discovered that this old tool tray fit perfectly and of course, I thought it was so cute.
Do you ever get a sinking feeling? Normally a shower is a relaxing experience but when you hear banging going on in the house, you never know what to expect when you get out. Yes, Mr. Welder was doing more work in his underwear...This area of flooring is where everything kind of meets since our floor plan doesn't have a dead end. With floating floors a gap is needed to allow the floor to expand and retract. Things turned out a little tighter than ideal in this area and as the warmer, humid weather has arrived, the floor was doing a little buckled up wave effect in front of this door way. I should have known every time that Mr. Welder walked by and stopped and bounced around on it that it would not stay as is...while I curled up with my new Country Living magazine, Mr. Welder provided background sawing, vacuuming, and banging. He got it all floating nice and back to normal by morning though.

Comments

Popular Posts