Pitcher Perfect Weekend

Saturday, the Welders made a trip to Ikea. The texture of these chairs was very similar to my hubby's fro. I haven't shared the reason we made this trip. It isn't a happy story...but you know what? I enjoyed this day so much that I am happy...the kitchen sink was cracked :) So now you know the secret. The sink was broken again. It is still usable and not horrible but it bothers us, so we decided to just go get a new sink since obviously the first one was cursed. I will give the new one credit for the fun day we shared.
Sunday Mr. Welder completed the final step on the front door.
Now it is trimmed and the jagged sheet rock edge is no more.
Mrs. Welder spruced with a few Ikea finds. The rosemary plant from Grandma is looking rather sick. I have horrible luck with rosemary. I always read about how easy it is to care for...but I've killed several. Our new plant is a Gardenia. I am saying prayers for its long life. These plants bloom fragrant flowers that I cross my fingers we'll get to witness. The white pitcher was my splurge item at Ikea. It is metal. I've been searching for a white pitcher at thrift stores and garage sales and haven't found anything yet. This one isn't old but does the job. I'll share our other Ikea finds another day. They are being reserved for future projects.
After moving items around, this table ended up empty. I went to our recycling barrels and soaked the labels from a few wine bottles.
Things are starting to sprout, but Boxwood is still the only green selection. It's an easy, instant sprucer upper.
Another secret...did you know the Welders haven't even showered in the master bathroom yet? They've been using the spare bath. This weekend, Mr. Welder finally got around to adjusting the hot water valve and cutting down the shower rod (that we just bought last weekend) so that it would fit.
Mrs. Welder hung the curtain with twine.
And showers were enjoyed in the mini cave that night.
Looking at this picture...I should have snipped a few branches from the Red Bud for my bottles. That would have been a nice change.
This tree mesmerizes us every year. The pink only lasts for so long before the leaves come out, and so I think we take a picture of its glory every year.
A few of the Elms have started sprouting leaves too.
We had good luck with our corn last year, so sowed three rows of seed to see if we'll luck out again.
Sundays were always a time for dinner at my Granny and Grandpa's. Since they passed away over a year ago and their house is on the market, the new plan is to rotate houses each week to keep the family tradition alive. This Sunday was the Welders' turn to feed the group. We kept it simple and shared a meal we have quite often. Mr. Welder's mom used to make it for him growing up and we've tweaked the toppings a tad, but it is definitely one of our go-to favorites. I forgot the olives and we also had ground beef (not pictured), but basically you slice English muffins in half, spoon on pizza sauce, and pile on the toppings of your choice.
We cooked them on the grill. Foil is always a good idea. I use it when I cook them in the oven too to avoid having to scrape baked on cheese from the cookie sheets. On the grill it helps keep everyone's pizzas together and it saves the toppings from falling down into the pit and instead gives the eater a gooey, cheesy glob to put back on top of the pizza. Yum.
Thanks for manning the grill (and everything else you do). You're the best, Mr. Welder.
What an enjoyable weekend.
Hope yours was too.

Comments

  1. WHat a sweet post. Good times:) We here love us some IKEA...and I have to tell you that tho' we have made a few modest purchases...the one item I bought for myself was our last trip in August and it was that very same pitcher...I am staring at it in all of its loveliness. I also appreciate that tho' it is decorative it can be used for keeping liquids in too. YOurs looks great and I will have to steal your idea for the wine bottles. So cute. I have a quick question: Do you go to Round Top for the antique fair? And if you do, do you have any tips for shopping around? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! We have matching pitchers! I've always wanted to go to Round Top but have never been. I asked my cousin who's gone before and she just remembers there being an expensive section and a normal section. She just follows those she goes with so not sure how to explain where these parts are located, but maybe with that info, you can ask around to find out. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. Are you going soon? If so, have fun! I'm just a tad jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts