Farewell Shelia

 Friday afternoon, we said goodbye to Shelia.  That's my car's name.  Or was my car's name.  I know she's just a car but I felt sad leaving her after all the places she took me.  I ran her into trees, wrecked her a couple times, and  filled her with junk, but she always did her job and did it well.  Sorry I left you at a place where you just didn't quite fit in.
 Not that we fit in either.  Let me just grab our water jug before I head over to the next office to sign the paper work. 
(It's a mystery to me why sometimes photos just turn sideways and even when you think you've gone in a fixed it, you haven't...but it's a picture of our water jug so I can't waste time worrying...)
 Saturday the guys continued making progress on the shop.
 We're already breaking the rules of how to act when you have a new (to us) vehicle.  Daisy is our spoiled child and she got to ride (on a towel) to visit her Grandparents on Saturday evening.
 We stopped at a lemonade stand on our way home from church on Sunday so we're already drinking in it.
I tried to persuade Daisy and Herman into setting up a lemonade stand at the end of our driveway, but they weren't interested.
 So I did a little Fall decorating instead.
 I just borrowed some of mom's dead shrub and used things I had. 
When life gives you a drought, make decorations.
 It's definitely  nothing fancy, but does freshening up stuff make you happy too?


 The gourds and dead shrub are my favorites.
 Gourds have been popular at Bee Angels this year.  I finally feel like I'm not alone with my goofy-for-gourds mentality.  My mom cleaned up more and we've restocked the wash tub at the shop if you want to join the Goofy Gourd Gang.
 Sunday the guys moved farther along on the shop and it's wrapping up.  It was our turn for Sunday dinner.  I did not take any pictures this time but I like having people at our house.  We did work on a few crafts.  Click here if you want to see.
And since I hate it when people don't finish the story...here's me in my car.  I'm not a car person, as in, I'm not "into" cars.  That's probably why I drove the same car for over ten years.  When I'm driving around in my new car, I feel special and happy.  Not because money bought me happiness. Not one bit.  I feel special because Mr. Welder searched and searched, then researched, then bargained, then showed off his mechanical skills to fix a minor problem so I would have a nice vehicle that is perfect for me.  Thank you Jabo for taking care of me.
I don't think I could ever go in and make a deal on a car, do you?  I just sat there and shook my head. Ha.
What should I name her?

Comments

  1. Very nice ride. I feel exactly the same way about cars. We have had our van for 8 years and it wants to give out on us...ugh, I just don't want to have for fork over and search for another automobile. What should you name her....I am sure she will tell you. Hey, my IKEA pitcher also has fall flowers and gourds in it. Happy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of the perfect name for your car:
    TUESDAY
    (as in Tuesday WELD!) So you may not know who she is - google her if you want - but beeing the WELD Wife and the Weld House - its only natural for your ride to be a part of the party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts