The Junk Yard

 In this corner of the yard, we have scrap iron, windows for the shop, and two tractors.
 This view has a four wheeler, my dad's truck (which is normally not there but we're glad when it is), a picnic table with a wood working jig and Mr. Welder's truck and trailer.
 The balcony still houses an extra door that we ended up not using and a scrawny table and two chairs.  It hasn't had much attention.  The back porch is...cluttered.  I'd like to get rid of the folding chairs (well, hide them in the wooden box beside the pit and get a nicer patio table and chairs.  Something that isn't huge but that has about four comfy chairs.  I'm thinking the bistro table will be better on the balcony.  At least one of the BBQ pits needs to find a new location.  We'll keep the dog though.
The back fence has a sink, a bicycle, and other stuff...
 To the left are materials for our shop and closest is a pile of junk.  Yes, that is the dresser I bought for $1.  Mr. Welder decided he did not want to fix it, but I have plans to salvage part of it.
 Along this fence we have gutter that will be used on the shop, a blue machine, a trailer or two, left over rocks...lots of stuff.
 Our garage is full of a boat, lumber and woodworking tools.  Therefore our vehicles do not have a home.
 So when the guys got to work on the shop this weekend, I had visions of a cleaned up yard/garage dancing in my head.  Yes, that is another tractor in the shop without walls and I wish I could tell you there wasn't another tractor or two that did not make it on the blog.  I will like you tractors, trailers, and machines better when you have a place to hide out.
 By the end of the afternoon, the shop had an awning!
 I've had this lamp that was my Granny's on a picnic basket in the corner of one of the spare bedrooms.  As I was cleaning, I had a strong urge to get a side table for this room.  When I was taking pictures of the junk in the yard, I saw this dealy and a light bulb went off.  I got this thingy from my Grandpa's barn.  I think it was a planter or something to do with farming.  I washed it up and brought it in.  It's probably weird to the normal person, but I'm not normal so like it.  I wonder if Mr. Welder will see it here on the blog or notice it in the room first.  The little rocking horse music box was mine as a baby and from my Great Aunt.
 While I was sprucing, I decided to get rid of yet another sick plant.  I just can't find one that will grow survive here.  So a basket of shells and driftwood will do for now.  Guess I can move the watering can.
 With the nice, cool temperatures, Mr. Welder decided to plow up his peanuts.
 Here is a close-up
 And here is our crop.  Ha.
I still can't say that my hubby is a true Peanut Farmer but I will not let this year's crop discourage us.
We won't be giving roasted peanuts as Christmas gifts this year as I'd hoped, but I still dream that one day we will.
 We labored on Labor Day and worked on the shop's roof.
 Want a windy day?  Just give us a call and ask us to roof something.  It is always windy when we try to roof.
Installing insulation in the wind is almost as fun as hanging on to flying tin.
I have a sliced hand to prove it :)
 With our four (hard headed) person team, we were able to do it though.
 We got in our rhythm...cut two pieces of tin, lay out insulation, install a sheet, install a sheet, cut insulation, install a sheet, install a sheet....
 ...take a rest...
 Install a sheet...
Yippee!  We have a roof.
At the beginning of the summer, we planned to get flower beds ready for landscaping this fall.  The super dry conditions haven't motivated us to do much.  Now our focus (yes, Mr. Welder is probably finding this out from here too) is to complete the shop so we can clean up the yard and then do some sprucing on the balcony and back patio...I wouldn't mind finding some rocking chairs for the front porch too.  If the rains come soon, I'd still like to do some landscaping, but at least this way, I'll have something to keep me occupied either way.  And we are hosting a baby shower at our house in October.  It might be a cowboy, farm theme, but tractors in the yard aren't the decor I had in mind.  It would be nice to have a picked up place even if the grass is still dead and our flower beds are still nonexistent.

Comments

Popular Posts