Sunday Snapshots

 Saturday entailed a quick housecleaning and an out-of-town wedding.  A clean house, good food, good friends, and sore feet from dancing the night away describes Saturday. 
Sunday was a typical Sunday.  The best kind.
 Simple Sundays are simply the best.

 We watched the cows trudge to the shallow water's edge with a promising sky in the distance.  The dry conditions can be depressing and high hopes of rain can be shattered.
But this time, our hopes were fulfilled.  It rained, and it rained good.  As I laid in bed watching the light show and listening to that rain on a tin roof I have been craving for oh so long, it felt so refreshing to pray thank you God over and over again until the pitter patter and rolls of thunder soothed me back to dreamland of a refreshed Earth. The drought may not be over, but the trees are doing the happy dance today and for that I am thankful.

Comments

  1. Yes! Rain! Yes! We here in Valleymills/Clifton area were so super elated that we stood in the rain and wanted to get wet. but my favorite part was when my 4yo could help herself with excitement and ran around dancing in the rain singing "thank you God, thank you God," then she stopped abruptly and I heard her say kinda to herself "But I still want snow too, God, please" sweet and funny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts