Picking the Perfect Pumpkin

We took a trip to the pumpkin patch weekend before last.
We went along with my sister and her hubby.
As you know, I am cheap, but something comes over me when I visit the nursery or am around stuff like this.
Or this...It's probably a strange urge but I want one of every type of plant at the nursery and a bucket of mini pumpkins and a basket of gourds from the pumpkin patch.
But we have hungry mouths (two of them pictured) to feed, so I resisted and Jason and I just got a pumpkin to share. 
We picked up Daisy on the way to my sister's house.
You know, I needed help carving our pumpkin.
I learned a trick while taking this picture.  At first, I kept trying to get her to sit by the pumpkin and kept chasing her around with it.  As you can imagine as I am running around like a nut with a pumpkin, I did not get a good shot.  But then when I just left her alone for a while, I took the pumpkin and set it by her and she just let me snap away.  I guess she finally realized what I wanted.
Ewww!  Pumpkins are icky inside.
Daisy decided pumpkin was a good snack.
If you haven't carved a pumpkin this year, I highly recommend doing so.
It's fun.

After we thawed the chunk of soup for a nice dinner...
We had the lighting of the Jack o' Lanterns.
Spooky.
Our pumpkin already molded and was thrown in the garden.  I saved some seeds. Next year, I dream of having our own little pumpkin patch.

Comments

Popular Posts