Fall Planting

It's me, Lily.

We've been doing some yard work at the Weld House.
Mommy planted pumpkin seeds about a week prior to our planting.  She forgot to water them but they looked like this the next time she checked on them.  She put them in the garden where the grasshoppers ate the plants.  I am pretty sure they were planted too late anyways.
One day we'll have a pumpkin patch.
Mommy also had two boxwood bushes that she planted when she moved back after college pictured on the left.  I think daddy forgot to water one of them so we replanted it.
We added lots of pretty things to the flowerbeds.

Herman supervised the work.
Mommy and daddy love to experiment with different plants.
I mainly like to rock on the front porch.
But sometimes I get serious about planting and even bring out my sun hat.

We added mums to the front porch.
And when Grandpa and Granny came to visit,
Grandpa carried me
And Herman rode on the hood
While daddy did more planting.
Two Crape Myrtles by the gate.
We also planted three Crape Myrtles on the side of the house.
All this planting is tiresome.
And calls for a good bath.
And next thing you know, here we were again buying more plants.  This time we visited Lowe's clearance section.  We love bargains.
Daddy planted some Live Oaks...not in the Clearance Section.
 Mommy and I tried to figure out our sling.  I am thinking we had it upside down but we enjoyed walking around the yard for a little bit anyways.
Daddy was proud of his trees and me.  He is excited to watch all of us grow.
We had another day of planting and after I almost made it off the rug
I decided to take a nap with Daisy.
Daddy decided to extend the back flower bed to the side.
And we got a big pile of mulch.
The electric company used our gate to get in the field behind our house to cut trees away from the power lines.  Daddy had the great idea of letting them dump their mulch for us to use!
Here are the three Live Oaks planted on this side of the driveway.
We planted four in all.  (The other one is the one pictured with me and Daddy.)
So what do you think about our planting?
I think it makes me happy.

Comments

Popular Posts