With a Name Like Lily, What Would You Expect?

 Before I was even born my July calendar had an important obligation.
Grandma and her sewing machine had been busy in anticipation.
On the big day, my chauffeur drove me to the church.
 I was greeted by this handsome guy.
 Daddy acted as a chair to assist in the tying of some really cool shoes. 
 Then it was time to put on my flower girl dress.
Lily the Flower Girl 
 Here I am all ready to go.
Not really.
This was taken after the ceremony.
Mommy wished this is how I looked beforehand.
I made her worry right up until the last minute.
Daddy walked in the nursery and asked if I was going to be able to do it.
Mommy slid me in my basket one last time.
And I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
 Daddy walked me down the aisle.
 I slept peacefully by Grandma during the beautiful ceremony.
 Before we made our exit.
 Mommy breathed a sigh of relief that it was over.
 We took lots of pictures.
 Daddy was so proud of me.
 I put on my best sleeping baby act.
 And enjoyed a special day with my family.
 Mom and dad loaded me back in the car and
 And headed to the reception where I mostly slept in my car seat.
Daddy showed me off a little but mostly kept me away from the crowd since my doctor suggested that so I would not get sick.  I was still a little bitty baby back then.
Mommy was a member of the house party.  I let her cut and serve most of the cake before I ate.
We ended the night with a sweet family dance.
I have to say that was a perfect ending to a fairy tale day.

Comments

Popular Posts