Rocking Out

 We finally got around to adding some rocking chairs to the front porch.  I have been on the lookout for a couple for a while now but never came across anything. 
 A friend gave us the chair on the left (and another that we added to the den...we can't have too many rocking chairs these days) and the chair on the right is the chair I was rocked in when I was a baby.
 I constructed the table out of items found in our junkyard along our fence.  My goal was to put something together without Mr. Welder's help.  After I was scared to use the saw that is similar to one I am comfortable with but not quite and then using another saw to cut off the pointed end to only find out the board was too long to cut it at the length I needed, I gave in and asked for assistance.  The boards are part of an old fence just laid on top.  And the metal deal is from my Grandpa's barn.  I am not sure of its exact original purpose but I like that it says John Deere, which always reminds me of my Grandpa.
 It is hot, hot, hot today and has been most days since we got this together, but we have already enjoyed a nice breeze a few times, a brief rain shower while watching Daddy Welder shred, and hanging out with company.  With the weather forecast for this weekend it sounds as if we may really get to enjoy rocking this weekend.
 Oh, I also enjoyed reading to Lily while rocking too.  Not this book, which matched my color scheme, but another.  We like to read together.
 As always, I took a bazillion pictures.
 Of every detail,
 And from every angle,
 As if it is some magnificent makeover.
 It's really nothing special.
Just something simple.
That we really enjoy.
(Now we are on the lookout for a mini rocker for Lily.)
 And right on the other side of the window was a sweet baby napping in a monkey seat, so I took advantage of the "having two hands" time.
 But sometimes the natural non styled pictures are best.
 Don't you think?
 After the couple rain showers we received a few weeks ago, the Texas Sage (purple flowers on the side) bloomed.
And the Vinca was refreshed.  I am still very proud of the Vinca that I started from seeds in the greenhouse. (I most likely already mentioned that several times on here but just in case you did not know-ha)
We have been talking about plans to plant a few more things this fall.  We had good luck with doing that last year.  And we've also started talking (again) about plans to spruce up the balcony.  Maybe saying that on here will motivate us to turn the talking into action.
What are you looking forward to with cooler temps on the way?
Enjoy a nice weekend!

Comments

  1. It is a great makeover. the two rockers look inviting and the paint job is lovely. That book..I read that book, and besides a couple of quirky characters it was a let down for me. The plants look great...I cannot post pics of any of our foliage..as there is none. what isn't dried out has been picked silly by the chickens.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts