Excuse Me, I Think I Have Your Chair...

Wednesday the Welding Wife took a trip to the Restore during her lunch break. After showing these two photos to her husband, he liked, so she went back to purchase. Any plans in particular for these two jewels? I thought the wooden chair in the top picture might be fun for Jason's fishing room, which will be somewhere upstairs. It is a little lower to the ground than a normal chair and I can see it sprucing up a woodsy room. The back has a strip of Velcro that I assume the previous owner used to attach a cushion. I think I will definitely do a cushion for the seat but might get rid of the Velcro and let the back of the chair show off. Price of this chair...$5.
Now the rocker...this thing is even comfy. I had my doubts but was pleasantly surprised when I took a test. It makes me think of Bohemian or Scandinavian...I really know nothing about style or what either of those words mean when talking about style, but those are just the two words that come to mind when I see this so thought I would ramble about it for a minute. When I showed Jason the picture, I was a little worried the colors might not be what we have in mind...ha whatever those colors may be. "That chair could work lots of places," the Welder said. I liked it at first sight, so you did not have to persuade me! Oh and the cost of this prize? $15!
So the nice guy at Restore (the workers are always so nice and helpful) turned and twisted and rotated until he miraculously fit both chairs into my small car!
And this would be my seat for the way home since the Welders car pooled today :) Oh and to make this ride home even more interesting...when I started my car at lunch the A/C made a horrible knocking sound. The Welder (who is also a "really good mechanic") took a look. He thinks a mouse may have gotten caught in the fan but will have to take part of the car apart when we get home to check it out. I imagine two Welders holding two chairs (to keep them from crashing through the wind shield) and two noses. Life doesn't get any better than this!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts