Graffiti Vandals

Tuesday Jason primed and dad painted the flat iron that will be the form for the balcony floor concrete. I caught these vandals in the act!
All hidden with a piece of trim!
Here is a sneak peek from my Restore shopping trip. Yes, this thing (lantern?) is quite big. It definitely caught my eye and when I saw the $5 price tag, I had to have it. I am not sure if it could ever be rigged up to be a light (or where it would actually go), but I can also imagine it sitting on the rock hearth beside our pot belly stove and lighting it up with candles every once in a while. And if all else fails, it may end up in my garage sale or back to the Restore where it can continue its journey. I wonder what purpose it served in its previous life. Post your guess!

Comments

  1. This is incredible. WOW. Talk about DIY :) How long have you all been building?

    I think it's great that your keeping this blog as an album of sorts to document your progress. I'm basically doing the same as we rip out, replace, and paint our entire 2300 sq. ft. house. I don't get many comments, but I know it will be *very* rewarding to look back over our progress and see how much we've gotten done!

    Great work!!!

    Blessings,
    Jacci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wanted to mention that I followed your link from Young House Love :) Here's my blog, if you're interested - http://homeforthebetter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jacci. I will check out your blog. We have been working on the house for almost a year. The slab was poured Aug. 29, 2008. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I say your link through Young House Love as well, I love what you all are doing. We are doing a remodal (really it's more of a total do-over) of a former barn so we've had to rip out so much that in a lot of areas it feels worse than starting from scratch! At a certain point, sometimes the hubby and I just want to take a match to it and just build fresh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the barn! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts