I Mr. Welder, Solemnly Swear...

Monday night Jason and dad went to weld in a super tall column to sturdy up our wimpy otherwise (ha!) house. I made a deal with him-if I went to the grocery store and got all the things for his Birthday celebration we are having Friday-then he and dad must take pictures of their work at the Weld House. I guess the oath worked...these are just some of the photos my two favorite men brought back!
I will tell you what I gathered from Jason's comments when he came home...I think I understand what went on. Here Jason is cutting a piece of square tubing. The piece was a little shy of reaching the span.
Taa Daa...here is the finished, sturdy product.
Dad worked on adding a plate and anchor inside the kids' bathroom wall. This gave Jason a place to weld the tubing to the floor.
There are no pictures of the guys getting this big mamor jamor (not sure how to spell that fun Junior High word...) up into position. I guess I understand...they both had their hands full and safety first! They used the lift, a chain, and manpower to get it in place. Here Jason is welding the top.
And now the bottom. I asked Jason why it was wet. He said they put water to cool it off after he welded.
And that's the pole that holds our house together :)

Comments

Popular Posts