I Spy Productivity

The Welders were having their usual Saturday morning coffee when Mr. Welder noticed cars slowing down as he peered through the front windows. Mrs. Welder told him to stop spying and that is when the coffee finally kicked in, and she remembered there being an estate sale next door. So the Welders changed into some clothes and headed over. The rain was on the way so everything was 50% off! Mr. Welder scored these handy binoculars so he can spy...I mean look at nature with ease.
He told me he was going to take up bird watching.
Any hobby would be better than tractor fixing, which results in stinky gas smelling Mr. Welder, back fire popping giving me heart attacks every few minutes, and tractor diagnosing constantly on the brain...At the end of last week, our biggest blog sponsor had a heart to heart and told us to pick up the slack already...that our blog was a bore these days. As I told her, Mr. Welder promised to leave the tractor alone all weekend, but as you can see, promises are broken.
After I whooped him, I finally got him to get to work on some door knobs.
He was proud that the door knob matched the knobs on the white piece of furniture.
Mrs. Welder worked more on the sign for her shop.
Mr. Welder held it up to see how it looked. Click here to see it in the shop! And then go buy something...hehe.
Herman cuddled in a box.
And later gave Mrs. Welder a hug.
Sunday we got to work in the laundry room. Here is how it started out. I normally fluff our clothes in the dryer but then hang them to dry. As you can see, this rack was not ideal for the space.
After a few discussions and some work....
We had a new towel rack made from an old door knob.
A drying pole
And a cute shelf.
It sure feels good to have a few more projects crossed off the list. I think I had a pep talk with Mr. Welder so maybe we will have a productive week...and be a tad more entertaining.

Comments

Popular Posts