I Am Saw Happy

The weather this week has been making a lot of this seem like the thing to do.
And we have been...but dang sitting around makes me grumpy. I think I have a disorder. If I am not working on a project or doing something even half way creative, I go into depression. This can be overcome by organizing, cooking something new for dinner, doing a craft, etc. So to snap out of grump mode, I pried myself from the warm fire.
I drug Mr. Welder and the kids to the work shop. Herman curled up next to the stack of fire wood his dad put in his bed. Thanks, dad. And the Welders got to work on letters for the new Bee Angels sign.
OMG (yes, I am cool like that), it was so much fun. I could saw (that wood with that bicycle) all day. We used two saws-the one we used to cut out the A-frame Christmas trees and the one you can see in the background in the picture above this one. My dad bought that saw (and the sander) for me when I was a kiddo. I had an art room in his old boat shed and needed tools for my creations. This saw has been a part of some pretty interesting projects ;) So every time I get near a power tool, Mr. Welder gives me a safety lesson and tells me to be very careful. I know I need to be and know he cares, but dude, my dad used to put me (a kid) out in a shed alone with these things. I am a seasoned woodworker. Yes, I am completely picking on him (as usual). He is really the master woodworker (he even reads magazines about it) and taught me quite a few tips last night. So if any of you need a letter or shape sawed from wood...or fancy fire wood, give Mrs. Welder a call. Anything to keep her from letting the winter blues take over. And this picture is for my mom. Mr. Welder adapted the file hangers to fit the old timey file cabinet. Things didn't used to be so roomy. But thanks to projects they are not so gloomy :) Have a happy day.

Comments

Popular Posts