I Liked When I Got to Saw that Wood...

Monday evening the Welders continued with their Spring Fever and sprinkled a few wildflower seeds along the back fence and around a random tree located at the back, left side of the house. Now we are just waiting to have a flower garden like the one on the seed can.
My farmer just keeps amazing me :)
Then it was back to work on the kid's bedroom ceiling.
This is probably more pictures of me sawing wood than you are interested in, but since my hubby took them I thought I would show off. Measuring the length.
Lining it up so precisely.
And sawing it in half.
When we made it to the electrical box for the ceiling fan, Jason did a little work with the jig saw.
Perfect fit!
The last board
Another...thought the color turned out ok considering it was pitch black outside.
A look from the side...a view you will not get to see one day when we have wall coverings.
One more project before calling it a night. The insulation was added to the master bedroom.
Now it is all ready to finish putting the sheet metal up for the ceiling.
Daisy did a little of her own insulation work.
Now a quick reminiscing story to give some background on the title of this post. This memory comes from a video tape of a vacation to Houston (I think...) when I was younger (maybe 5th-7th grade?) Anyhow, for those of you who have ever watched a tape of any of our family vacations, you know that at the end of each trip we have a survey. What was your favorite thing we did/saw, favorite restaurant, where do you want to go next year, etc. Well, my answer to what was your favorite thing that particular trip was, "I liked when I got to saw that wood with that bicycle," in a very country voice. "Oh, and I liked the NASA." So to explain: We went to a village that had lots of antiques and memorabilia, and when we got to the wood shop, there was a bicycle that when you pedaled, the saw blade went up and down to cut a piece of wood. I was probably just happy I was actually allowed to touch the artifacts (sorry, inside joke that I will spare you the details.) The thought of that bicycle still thrills me. Maybe after all of our house building projects are complete, my honey can construct one for our gym. I am quite the multi-tasker.

Comments

Popular Posts