No Surprise...More of the Same

The guys did work on preparing for the surprise but those pictures will be posted at a later time...so you are stuck with me. The Welding Wife stained and stained more shutters. I stained the back of the two from the night before, the front of all four that were built last night...and then applied a second coat on one that I did before.

I decided since the front and back were dry on this shutter, I would set this one up to see how it looked. Well, it did not look so groovy. You can kind of tell in this picture. To remind you, the top shutters were stained, displayed, taken down, and then stained again. After my recently stained shutters dried, they looked more like the sun bleached effect we had going on before. I hesitated to do a second coat since all over the can it said "one coat." Jason demanded I just do it, so the Welding Wife did as was told...as always :) It was not dry by the time we left, so I loaded up the two coated shutter and a one coater so this morning I could see how they compared. Tonight we will not be visiting the Weld House. We will be setting up for Spice and The Shops Huge Sidewalk Sale (2nd and Franklin, Downtown Waco)...Men tell your wives. They will save tons of money on stuff they will buy anyways! We shop, that is just what we do...
Ok...so back to Weld House talk. Here are the four shutters that got one coat on the front side...see how nice and dark they look before they dry.
Before we left we had two encounters with Wild Weld House creatures. Jason is beginning to think if it is gross and/or dangerous, we have it. To remind you we've encountered (and Daisy was bitten) tons of snakes (I think we've had 8 Copperheads and three others), Jason spotted two Black Widow Spiders, and we also had this Yellow Jacket that looked like it was on Steroids. Last night we added one more Copperhead and this Jumbo June bug~Yikes!
Daisy was snoozing on the grassy area by the left over sand pile and rock scraps we dumped in front of the low area by our garage doors. I went to wake her up to tell her it was time to load up and this Copperhead was right there. It looked at her, she looked at it, I ran to the truck and called Daisy, who obediently got the heck out of there and hopped to the safety of the truck...and then the guys took care of business. Kind of sad...scary...Jason worries we will never be able to live and walk around, plant gardens and flowerbeds, have kids or friends around our house without the fear of being bitten by a snake. Any neighbor we have ever talked to said they had them when they first moved but hardly ever see them now, so I just have to think positive that it will get better.
I cropped this picture since it might make The Weld House rated R.

We had a quick look at the dried shutters before scrambling to work this morning. It looks like two coats will do the trick!

Comments

  1. Hi Angel,
    I am enjoying your blog about the Weld House very much, and admire you and your hubby for doing all the work. Sorry you have had to put up with snakes and such, but I must say, you've lasted a lot longer than I would have in the same circumstances!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting a comment! I am glad you are enjoying the blog and visiting it. The snakes are definitely my least favorite part, but hopefully one of these days they will realize we are taking over their territory and find a new place to live. I also appreciate you sending me the insulation info. I forwarded it to Jason and when we get closer to that project, we plan to talk with them. I think I saved the email, but if not, I may be asking you about it again :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts