The Tortoise & The Hares

After I spent all morning priming the balcony rail by brush, the guys decided to try spray painting it. They covered the entire rail in a fraction of the time it took me to paint one side of one section! And the spray paint looks way better than the brushed paint.I did use a brush to touch up places close to the walls and rock columns. Next we are buying spray paint to cover the primer. We are somewhat undecided. We are deciding between black and white stone (which is the off-white color that is similar to the color of our rock.) We have white stone trim that will cover the purlin between the balcony and porch (you can see it in the picture below-the rusty iron piece under me that looks unfinished.) Our light fixtures will be black. The handle for the balcony door is blackish. We plan to cover the balcony ceiling with cedar, which will make it a color similar to the garage doors. I can see both colors giving it a different look, but I think we are leaning towards black. Feel free to post a comment and tell us what you think...give us the ok or change our mind before we make a mistake!

Comments

Popular Posts