The Fence of Vince

Sunday afternoon we got out of the wind on the front porch and planed the fence wood. Towards the end of the planing and stacking of the wood, I smelled a bad smell. At first I was worried we were burning up the planer (I am always paranoid-I burned up Jason's router prior to our house building). I did not say anything and later recognized it as actually being the scent of a skunk.
And you guessed it, Daisy was the victim. So after getting sprayed, she decided rolling in cow manure would help.
Gosh she was a smelly mess.
We let her air out a while and started putting up the planed fence pickets in the kid's bedroom. We've had this wood for a while. Jason's co-worker, Vince, gave us the wood when he replaced his fence a while back. We've used it for a picture frame or two but it has been sitting in the back section of our property for a while now. It felt great cleaning up a stack and putting it to use.Jason nailed it up and I cut the boards. We are doing a random pattern but I did have to have a quick measuring lesson. When we got to the last piece of each row, it had to be a certain length to finish out. I know Jason was thinking it was nothing like working with my precise dad at first, but I think he was impressed after I got going. I know I was surprised with myself every time a board fit into its place!
And this is the last board for the day. I am so excited with how it is turning out. Sorry the picture is not the greatest. It was clouding up by this time.Daisy was our little hamster and bedded down in the wood shavings while we worked.
After a cold bath in the wind, Daisy watches as her dad, fires up the Massey.
There is never too much wind and always enough time for a little plowing when you are a hardcore farmer.

Comments

Popular Posts