A-Frame-ous House

Sunday we went to The Weld House but not much progress was made...well, unless you are hungry for peanuts. The Peanut Farmer planted another section of crops.
That evening we had a celebration at my grandparents' house for my mom and aunt's birthday. Many of you probably remember this A-frame that my grandpa built for my great grandpa to live in. I've always loved it. It saddens me when I think of it rotting and wasting away. But that is basically what is happening. It seems to have been going down hill quicker over these last few years. The wood that is close to the ground (holding up the place) is rotting, but the wood covered in shingles seems to still be in pretty good shape. After talking with my granny and grandpa about it, they said we were welcome to tear it down and use whatever wood from it that we could.
Jason peeled back a few shingles to get a better inspection.
Then we took the scenic route and climbed up on the rotten porch-we like living on the edge.
Mud dobers, anyone?
You can see the lake view in the distance. Wouldn't it be so cool to have this little cabin on the lake? So we will decide what to do later. It is sad to tear it down. It is just beyond the point of repair. It never had running water but did have electricity. My grandpa told us last night that the wood he used to build the A-frame came from a big, old barn that was on their property when they moved here. Tearing it down would also be a lot of work. I would like to think my Great Grandpa would be proud to have his house live on in ours, but the fate of his cute abode is still unknown.

Comments

Popular Posts