The Grass is Always Greener...

Sunday the burning of this little brush/trash pile lead to a day of unplanned yard work. The weather must have mesmerized us to stay out and work in it! (Yes, Jason is walking to move the lighter fluid that was sitting a little close to the flames.)Daisy kept posing so I will share her profile portrait with you.
Our pride and joy puppy girl.Then we moved to bigger brush piles. This one is on the other side of our fence and has always been quite the eyesore and most likely a nice mansion for varmints.
Daisy was a good girl and stayed on her side of the fence while her daddy chopped along the fence line.
She was right there all day and did not miss out on any of the action. I guess she was waiting for any varmints that were able to escape the fire.
Jason took a picture of Daisy and me so I thought I should put it on here even though we look like dots.He also snapped this picture of the fire. It burned slowly. I am glad since big poofs of fire make me nervous.
This picture is funny. Jason is pulling briers but it looks like he is sneaking through the woods. This picture gives you a good idea of how grown up things were. And most of those weeds are full of thorns. The meanest vines...right after poison ivy, which is pretty and deceiving. It is definitely goat milk soap season. I would like to report that I only have a tiny dot (that I can't even see at the moment) on each wrist. I scrubbed with goat milk soap on my arms and hands periodically throughout the day and then all over twice in a row when we got home. Yep, I am paranoid. Every time I let my guard down even just a bit I get it though!
Looking better! The bush in the bottom right is one of the Boxwoods we transplanted from my work when we had some landscaping done last year. (I got poison ivy planting them too!) As you can see, they did not make it. It was just too dry for too long last year and we planted these too far to water them. Jason's parents planted some by there house and took care of them and they are still alive and looking good.
We had a big dirt pile from when Uncle Pete bulldozed down our Pastiche tree patch. Dad used the dirt to fill in this low spot by our garage.
Another shot of my tool belt. It is a handy camera and cell phone holder. I cut the brambles that were growing close to the trees. I am hoping we can keep them from growing up and getting tangled in the trees. I am happy to report that they have thinned out a lot. Hopefully Spring weather does not make them go crazy.
When mom arrived, she spotted and trapped this mouse. Guess we were disturbing some critters.
She decided to save her back (well, not really-this is a back breaking job too) and worked on a door instead of pulling brambles.
What a beautiful view...minus all the building materials that will hopefully be used up and out of our yard soon!
Guess we were digging in some one's old home. Daisy sat here and sniffed for the longest.
Then, just in case we did not have enough projects going on, my husband also took on the title of Peanut Farmer. I was hired for the fun job of picking up the sticks and roots that were scattered all over our field. The safari hard hat is part of my uniform.Here the Peanut Farmer is showing his glass of peanuts that have been soaking in water for a few days.
Jason hoed the rows, I scattered the peanuts, and then he came back and covered them with dirt. Maybe we will have crops to share later.
Before we left, the cows noticed their improved view of the Weld House. I think they were eyeing our side of the fence...where the grass is always greener.
Though this project (fence clearing...the planting of peanuts actually was) was not on Jason's to-do list, I am happy to have a clean fence...and peanut farm.
It was such a beautiful day to enjoy God's beautiful Earth.

Comments

Popular Posts