Wall of Fame

Saturday the guys got an early start while the girls did a little garage saling. When we got to the Weld House around lunch this much was already finished! This is the tall wall that the den and garage share.
Due to the health care crisis, Jason acted as doctor after my dad's elbow was sliced on a piece of sheet metal. The edges are very sharp and I will be glad when it is all in place and safe.
Next on the agenda was to work on the kitchen wall.
Plywood was added so the cabinets will have something to attach.Cutting the sheet metal to finish out the kitchen wall.

Mom and I (with my handy tool belt I scored at a garage sale) worked on a door. The paint store was out of our usual stripper so we got a different kind called Skim. I am not sure if it is the weather, the door, or what, but this paint stripper works really good! We may be finished with these darn doors even sooner! And do not be jealous of my sexy sweatshirt either...
Before leaving for the day we unloaded the trailer. Stud boards for the wall that will close off the upstairs from the downstairs.
Metal for the master bedroom ceiling.
And here are a few shots of the finished den/kitchen wall. This is the back of the house.
And this is the front. Eventually this wall will have a rock hearth for a wood burning stove to rest upon.

Comments

Popular Posts