Road Ditch "Roses"

 I don't think I ever told you guys, but right as the puny plants in this backyard bed were blooming, looking fuller, etc., Mr. Welder decided to help them out and added some fertilizer.  Immediately after, over half the plants died.   I was a little sad, but just forgot about it.  Then the other evening Mr. Welder surprised me by remembering something I said, that I now remember saying, but can't remember the context at all.  When the hazy conversation took place, I was letting my inner cheapskate surface and mentioned how so many weeds are really pretty and that many of the things we buy at the nursery kind of look like weeds anyways. And I went on to point out that weeds probably wouldn't need much maintenance or care...yes, it was almost like a PowerPoint with bullet points.  Well, I guess my presentation was persuasive, because this is what I saw when I got home the other day.
Yep, these beauties came straight from the ditch.
And they make me happy.
So far they seem to be doing great.
I'll try to remember to let you know the final verdict of this science experiment :)
But for now, I'll just enjoy the pretty scene.

Comments

Popular Posts