Welding & Wall of Fame Weekend

 Friday, Mr. Welder continued his work on the shop.
 Wow his clothes were dirty.
 Saturday, I spent the majority of my day here...
 The peas were picked for the first time.  The squash, zucchini, bell peppers and green beans were picked for the millionth time.  It is really the green beans fault for making me feel that way.  They are sooo tasty...and sooo much work.  I am really happy to do it but I'm not exaggerating when I say it took the better part of the day...and I always end up giving the majority of them away.  BUT I am even happier to be able to share.  Does anyone have a request?  I'll do my best to get you what you have a taste for :)
Just let me know-leave me a comment or send an email.
 My dad brought over his backhoe.
 I tried to snap a few pics each time I went in to unload my overflowing pot of veggies.
 Mr. Welder welding.
 Notice someone hanging out in a shady spot?
 Of course, Daisy had to be right where the action was.


 Sunday the gals went to church and the guys were to this point when we got home.
 And this is how it looked at the end of the day.
 Mom and dad bought me a Rubber Plant to replace the Gardenia.  It was very root bound and looked sad so we transplanted it outside to see what happens.
 Since the garden was in good shape, mom and I worked on finishing up the project I shared last week.
 I think it turned out great.  I thought I might put a lamp on the table so we decided to hang the pictures higher.  Later my dad and Jason mentioned installing some type of spot light.  See the switch on the right?  One side doesn't do anything so we could use that.  If I don't end up with a lamp, then I also have room to add a few more pictures if I want.
 I don't think I've mentioned it before, but the table has three shadow boxes.  I have a few special mementos filling one and plan to fill the other two soon.  Along with a few random bottles, the old jar holds nails from the wood we reused from my Great Grandpa's A-frame.  The little, cylinder, metal can is a vanilla container that was my Great Grandma's.  She used to keep her babysitting money hidden in it. 
 See the little color photo under the "B"?  That is my Great Grandpa and me.
I've realized that I am pretty boring when it comes to wall decor.  I'm not big on hanging a bunch of stuff and actually like bare walls...windows without curtains...  BUT I've had plans to have an area with old family photos for some time.  I think I may have decided this when visiting one of my aunts.  We stayed in her guest room that was decorated with family memorabilia.  This is probably the most interesting wall in the Weld House and I do love it!

Comments

  1. Love the result, Angel. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers on the welding and the garden. Funny how through the power of blog and other ways we know one another, I now have a big bag of green beans that your husband generously gave to my mom. Gonna have them tonight and give thanks to the Lord and y'all for them. Do tell how the peas turned out...would love to grow those myself. And your family wall looks fantastic...my how homey your sweet home is. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and yes, I feel I am, Marcia...want some veggies?! Happy some green beans made it your way, Jenny! Let me know if you need more as I'm sure the plants will soon supply enough for a family of ten opposed to two in a day or a few :) I haven't cooked or shelled the peas yet. This is kind of a first for us too. We did plant peas a few years ago and made just enough for a few fresh ones to top our salads...This time, so far we have a small bowl full, and I'm not sure what I am going to do with them, but I'll plan to post something later. Thanks to both of your for your comments...and seriously let me know if you'd like some produce.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts